Yay! It’s one of our favorite times of the year! National Insurance Awareness Day, the day set aside on your calendar to check out your insurance policies and make sure you have the right coverage in place.
On what day is National Insurance Awareness Day celebrated? June 28
What is National Insurance Awareness Day? This day serves as a reminder to check your insurance and make sure everything is up-to-date. Insurance gives us a way to care for and protect our families in the event an injury, accident or unplanned event happens. Additionally, there are different forms of insurance available. Here are the most common:
- Life Insurance
- Car Insurance
- Home/Renters Insurance
- Flood Insurance
- Business Owners
However, there are also some unique insurance options on today’s market, including:
- Lottery Insurance: This is for companies in the case a group of their employees start a lottery ticket pool, win and then retire. The insurance policy would allow the company to hire temps and not lose key productivity while they searched for replacements.
- Insurance Against Death by Laughter: This funny insurance secures stand-up comedians if one of their audience members has a fatal laugh attack.
- Wedding Insurance: For couples who have a change of heart about their relationship during wedding planning and want their deposit money back, wedding insurance is available.
- Body Part Insurance: This is specifically for athletes, musicians and entertainers alike who wish to insure specific body parts necessary for their career.
Who founded this day? The creator of this day is unknown. I wish it was me.
What is the hashtag? Use #NationalInsuranceAwarenessDay when posting to social media.
How to celebrate: Here are a few ideas on how to take advantage of this day:
- Review all of your existing insurance policies and make sure they are up-to-date.
- If there is a type of insurance you need or can benefit from, research different benefit companies and see when they’re open for enrollment.
When you're reviewing insurance for a business, ask yourself:
- Has your business grown? It might be time to up the limit on some of your policies to cover additional property and employees.
- What’s excluded? Something you need coverage for could easily be excluded under your policy. For example, there are uncovered natural disasters in most Commercial Property policies. Make sure the weather your area is most prone to is covered. If not, you may need an additional policy to cover your needs.
- What’s changed? As your business has become more established, it is likely things have changed. For example, if you have begun taking credit card purchases online it might be time to get Cyber Insurance.
Talk to your independent insurance agent or call Trident Insurance Agency for a free review of your coverages . 1-800-333-3690.
Besides that? Treat yourself to a little cake while you’re going through your policies and have a happy National Insurance Awareness Day! *natioaldayarchives
HOME AUTO BUSINESS LIFE